Skip to main content

Day 16

For my final day in Boston I thought I'd ride the sightseeing bus to see if I missed anything of note in the city. I always try to do these if they're available in a city as you get a good whistlestop tour around the place.

I guess someone had a good night!

The Boston Clock Tower, built around 1910.


Odd car.

Another way to the city. I can't help feeling stupid doing it though and it reminds me of the time in Japan where some French friends lost control of their Segways and smashed their way out of the enclosure. 

The New England Holocaust Memorial is a series of glass pillars and wall engraved with the numbers and quotes of some of those who endured it.

The Orpheum Theatre is one of the other music venues in the city. I love the Art Deco look it has.



Boston has a jazz history with venues like Wally's still holding the scene. 



Some art pieces around the city.

The buses were going to stop running as far out as Fenway due to the crowds in attendance. I was glad I'd chosen to ride out in the morning.



I had been to the Harvard campus but didn't go to the MIT one. It's a uni that prides itself on getting in on merit only; no amount of money will get your son in, rich chap! At the start of each year some of the students build a wooden roller coaster, a tradition that has been running for a few years now.

It would have been nice to have ridden this. 

This one I'm not sure about at all!

I was there during the Summer holidays so there was no chance of a coaster being there, but if you are there at the right time of year try to get a go on it. 


Another campus building, this one designed by Frank Gehry. 

Edgar Allen Poe and the Raven. I won't say anything more.


The city has a ducks tour. I don't know if it's any good though. My tour was alright although one driver did snap telling passengers to shut up, even though one woman was just translating to her mother. They got off, very unhappy, at the first available opportunity.

The Boston skyline.

Perhaps not a surprise there wasn't too much that I'd missed in the days previously but I'm glad I did it the way I did. Whilst I love the tour bus I wouldn't want to only see the city that way. The one bit the bus did get me to was the MIT campus. 

I liked Boston and I'm glad I've ticked it off. I'm not sure which city I've not been to I need to hit next? Nashville perhaps...

Comments